World View’s Global Education Teacher Leader Institute will develop global education leaders in North Carolina schools by building classroom teachers capacity for practice and leadership in global education. The Global Education Teacher Leader Institute will be held in Chapel Hill June 20-24, 2016. This institute provides leadership development and an intensive examination of global issues that impact students and their communities. Throughout the institute, teachers are led by expert university faculty and educational leaders as they engage key global topics and strategies for incorporating global themes in their schools.
Global Education Teacher Leaders Institute fosters collaboration and innovation in K-12 schools to promote the integration of global education in the classroom. With the support of ongoing professional development offerings and resources offered by World View, this institute will produce Global Education Teacher Leaders who can:
• demonstrate leadership and excellence in global education
• support peers in own school (through instruction) and others in program from partnering districts
• facilitate professional development on-site at schools
• commit to attending and facilitating in global education professional development programs at
UNC – Chapel Hill and on-site at own school or district.
If you are interested in learning more about the World View Global Education Teacher Leader Institute, please contact Charlé LaMonica, Director.
- K-12 public or private school teachers
- Committed to incorporating global education into classroom and school
- Ability to attend all 5 days of the institute
- Completed online application (includes a short essay)
- $775 per person. $875 for out-of-state participants.
Participants are responsible for additional costs for hotel stays and three evening meals.
- Please provide all of the requested information in the application form. Please note the application includes a sponsor and essay questions.
- Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Spaces available until filled.