Partners benefit from a formalized relationship with The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, and World View commits to providing focused programs and services to each Partner. World View and UNC at Chapel Hill offer K-12 LEA, individual school, or community college Partners:
1. Guaranteed space in World View professional development programs. Places will be reserved for Partners for the fall symposium, the spring seminars and media workshop, one of the summer international study visits, and the June Global Education Leaders’ Program.
2. Annual opening school workshop produced for K-12 Partners.
3. On-site consultation and curriculum development. World View staff will provide free, on-site professional development at your school or college and can assist teachers who are developing new courses on global issues.
4. A session with an advisor to develop a global education action plan during World View programs. World View will support the development and implementation of these action plans year round.
5. Connection to a Rotary International Scholar living and working abroad. Rotary International Scholars bring a global dimension to learning while communicating regularly with a NC classroom while overseas.
6. Grants for community colleges. With UNC and Duke’s National Resource Centers, World View provides grants to community college educators to add international content to their courses. The grant includes a visit to Chapel Hill where grantees work with UNC librarians and faculty.
7. Connection to international studies specialists and global resources at UNC Libraries, National Resource Centers, and other international programs. World View connects UNC faculty expertise and resources to schools and colleges across the state.
8. Connection to expert speakers from North Carolina’s universities. World View will assist with arranging guest speakers on global topics to speak to faculty at schools and colleges across North Carolina, and UNC may pay for the speaker honorarium and travel.
9. Daily support and referrals. World View provides free, daily responses to educators seeking global education resources, including speakers, curriculum, culture kits, and more.
10. Regular communications. All educators in a Partner school, school system, or college also can receive Global Updates, a monthly electronic newsletter with resources for implementing global activities or content in K-12 schools, or College Updates, a bi-monthly electronic newsletter for colleges. Partners also have access to World View’s website, a repository for global education resources and program information.
If you would like more information on how to become a Partner, please contact Director Charlé LaMonica at 919/843-9408 or email@example.com.