The UNC-Duke Consortium in Latin American and Caribbean Studies is working on a video project and needs your help!
Through your testimonials, The Consortium hopes to open minds to the importance of education about Latin America and the Caribbean. Collectively, your voices can encourage other teachers to incorporate cross-cultural resources at the K-12, community college, and college levels. The Consortium invites you to submit a brief video which will become part of a larger video featured on our UNC-Duke Consortium Outreach Program homepage. In your video, you might consider the following questions, though other ideas are welcome:
- Why do you think it’s important to teach about Latin America and the Caribbean?
- What has been your favorite Latin American or Caribbean topic to teach in class? Why?
- Have your students ever expressed excitement or gratitude after learning something new about these regions? If yes, please tell us a short anecdote.
- What do you think your students might gain from Latin American and Caribbean education?
Overall Video Guidelines:
- Videos should not exceed 30-40 seconds.
- Videos may be recorded on a laptop camera, handheld camera or cellphone. If you record on a cellphone, please hold your device sideways.
- Speak in whatever language you feel most comfortable with.
- Record yourself in a quiet environment.
Deadline: All videos should be submitted via email to email@example.com by 5pm ET Friday, March 10. Along with the video, please submit your name, contact information and signed UNC-Duke Consortium Video Project Video Release Form.