| September 12, 2019
The NC Secretary of State Office is currently working on a School Partnership Project with Moldova, an educational program supported by the US Embassy in Moldova and the US State Department. This project is aimed to develop classroom-to-classroom partnerships between NC and Moldova schools.
The goal is to connect schools from North Carolina and Moldova in order for them to collaborate while implementing various community development projects, as well as to encourage students to address UN Sustainable Development Goals in both school and extracurricular initiatives.
- Classroom to classroom partnerships
- Grade level: 4th – 12th grade
- 6 – 9 months of training and exchanges
- The deadline for NC schools to join the project is October 1, 2019
- A project blog will be created to link all international teams
- Classrooms will be paired according to grade level, interests and student preferences
- Partners will communicate using Skype, Viber, Blog, email and Facebook
- Participants will complete bi-monthly online assignments
- Exchange emails with colleagues and partners
- The English teachers from the Moldova school will be your main point of contact
The coordinating partner organization in Moldova is the Academy for Innovation and Change through Education.
Teachers and schools interested in collaborating with Moldovan educators, please register here: https://forms.gle/p1qCUyZoxzgvMd4W7
The State of North Carolina and the Republic of Moldova have had a special relationship since the early 90s. The official North Carolina-Moldova Partnership was formalized in 1999 and in 2015 the agreement was renewed for five more years. The North Carolina –Moldova Partnership is managed by the NC Secretary of State Office.