Charlé LaMonica | June 20, 2022
In these extraordinary times, UNC World View has re-imagined the best ways to serve K-12 schools and community colleges throughout North Carolina and beyond. Our mission is to equip K-12 and community college educators with global knowledge, best practices and resources to prepare students to engage in our interconnected and diverse world. With more than 92 official partnerships across the state and beyond, UNC World View reaches thousands of teachers every year. Participants have come from all 100 counties in North Carolina. In 2019 alone more than 100,000 N.C. K-12 and community college students were taught by UNC World View participants.
Educators are the changemakers of our time. UNC World View equips educators from all grade levels and content areas to bring a global perspective to the classroom. We know that successful student outcomes involve preparing all students for an ever-changing world. Our partnerships with educators are strong, and we are committed to sharing the global resources of UNC to best serve all students.
Formal partners commit to making global learning a priority for their educators and students. UNC World View provides connections to valuable global resources, tools and networks.
Official UNC World View partnership offers the opportunity
- to receive customized global education professional development consultation services for schools, districts and community colleges seeking to build global capacity for faculty and students
- to apply to the UNC World View Fellows Program
- to apply to the UNC World View Teacher Student Initiative
- for community colleges to become part of the nationally recognized Scholar of Global Distinction Program
- eligibility to receive registration scholarships for symposia, workshops and custom sessions
- Become part of a sustained network of global education leaders
- Have an opportunity to participate in the Global Education Leaders Cohort
UNC World View partners commit to the following:
- Emphasize teaching and professional development about the realities of globalization in and prepare students, teachers, and administrators to thrive in today’s diverse, interconnected world.
- Send a team of educators to UNC World View’s hybrid programs, paying the cost of (Limited registration scholarships available)
- Send a key educator to World View’s Global Education Leaders Program, paying the cost of attendance. (Limited registration scholarships available.)
Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about developing global educators with a World View partnership. We look forward to connecting with you!
Director, UNC World View